Drunk teenager from Grantham jumped in front of traffic
A TEENAGER who got drunk and jumped in front of cars was given a 12 month conditional discharge by Grantham magistrates on Monday.
Justin Gray, 19, of Sixth Avenue, Grantham, admitted being drunk and disorderly on August 27.
Daniel Pietryka, prosecuting, said: “Police were called at around 1.30am to New Beacon Road, Grantham, to reports of a young man heavily in drink with a female, staggering along the pavement, jumping in front of traffic and being aggressive to passers-by.”
By the time the police attended, Gray was with his mother, who was in a distressed state.
Gray swore at police and refused to co-operate.
He then lashed out at officers, raising both arms.
Gray, who defended himself, said: “I don’t know what to say, I was drunk at the time. I remember nothing apart from waking up in a cell. I was out drinking for the Bank Holiday.”
Gray was ordered to pay £85 costs.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West