eBayer cheat ordered to pay compensation
AN eBayer fraudulently sold Pioneer CD equipment with no intention of sending it to the buyer.
Jamie Wheeler, 23, of Oakleigh Road, Grantham, admitted the charge.
The court was told that when a buyer contacted Wheeler he instructed the man to pay £1,400 directly to his bank account.
Marie Stace, prosecuting, said no equipment ever arrived.
Wheeler asked for three other offences to be considered – stealing two games from Blockbuster, running from a taxi without paying, and using a fake credit card to pay a £298 bill.
Wheeler was given a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered to pay compensation to the victims totaling £1796.65.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North