Enjoying their golden years
GILL and Stan Roberts happily celebrated their golden wedding anniversary at The Bull Inn, Rippingdale, surrounded by their close relatives.
Both Gill and Stan were born in Grantham. They met at 16 and married five years later at St John’s Church in 1962.
They have three children, Simon, Juliette and Sarah and seven grandchildren, Daniel, Emily, Matthew, Holly, Freya, Dylan and Saxon.
Gill worked in the Special Baby Care Unit at Grantham Hospital until 1988 when she decided to work with children with special needs at The Beacon Children’s Centre until her retirement in 2005.
Stan was Head of English at The Central School in Grantham.
Their advice for a long and successful marriage is tolerance and understanding.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North