DCSIMG

Fire at Grantham plant Environcom

Fire.

Fire.

Five fire crews were called to a blaze at Environcom in Grantham this morning (Friday).

The fire at the recycling factory, on Spittlegate Level, began just before 3am, and was caused by an electrical fault in a piece of fridge recycling machinery.

According to the plant, the fire was put out quickly by on-site engineers and firefighters. All staff were evacuated from the site as soon as the fire was detected and there have been no injuries.

Environcom CEO Sean Feeney said: “We would like to thank the whole team including the fire brigade for responding quickly and effectively to minimise risk and loss.”

There is expected to be minimal interruption to business and the plant will be maintaining its fridge recycling capacity by diverting some customer deliveries to its fridge plant in the West Midlands for the next few weeks.

Other than that, it will be business as normal.

Two crews from Grantham were in attendance, along with one from Corby Glen, one from Brant Broughton and one from Stamford, as well as a command support unit from Market Rasen.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page