Get help with your finances
Churches in Grantham are linking up to offer help to people who are having financial trouble.
Members of Churches Together in Grantham, who have been trained by the charity Christians Against Poverty, are running three sessions aimed at helping people in Grantham to keep a grip on their finances during the tough economic climate.
Jacqui Hanbury will be leading the sessions, called CAP Money. She said: “If you know how to save and budget effectively, it can have a hugely positive impact on the family.
“And with the first people now being automatically enrolled in workplace pension schemes, learning how to save just a few pounds a week could make the difference between opting out of the scheme or enjoying a better retirement.”
The course can help all kinds of people from soon-to-be students to couples saving for their wedding day.
The course is at Harrowby Lane Methodist Church, starting at 8pm on October 18. Book a place at www.capmoney.org or call 07816872561.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west