Grantham company pays tribute to young father killed in road crash
A company has paid tribute to a young father of two who was killed in a car accident on Friday.
Matthew Aubrook, 22, joined Totemic in November and worked as an assessor for the financial services company at its Long Bennington site.
Matthew, of Coxmoor Close, Grantham, died when his car hit a wall at the junction of Belton Lane and Newark Hill in Great Gonerby on Friday at about 9pm.
Totemic Human Resources manager George Ryans said: “Although Matthew was only with us a short time, he met many people who will miss him as a work colleague and friend. Matthew left behind a wife and two young children and our thoughts go out to his family and friends at this sad time.”
Another Totemic employee said people at the company were devastated by what had happened.
Matthew was alone in his grey Ford Focus and no other vehicles were involved in the accident. Anyone who was in the area around 9pm on Friday and either saw the Ford Focus collide with the wall or saw it before the collision is asked to contact 101 or the Lincolnshire Police witness appeal line on 01522 558855.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Train crash exercise under way in Claypole
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North