Grantham Hospital campaign group told its 7,696 person petition will be counted
SOS Grantham Hospital, the campaign group fighting cuts which include the loss of the town’s maternity unit, has received a boost this week.
The Journal reported last week on the SOS petition against NHS Lincolnshire’s plans for Grantham Hospital having closed with 7,969 signatories.
However, it had been feared the authority would not take the petition into account as part of its consultation exercise but this week the group has received a letter from Allan Kitt of the South West Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group confirming the petition will be taken into account.
Charmaine Morgan of SOS Grantham Hospital said: “Our next objective is to produce a report from the comments made by members of the public.”
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west