Grantham Ice Warning - ‘I’ve never seen anyone that stupid before’
A Journal reader contacted the office this morning to warn of kids purposely making ice slides in Grantham.
Pete Clawson spotted youngsters heading down to the river to fill up buckets of water before pouring them on pavements in Riverside Walk in the hope they freeze over and create slides.
However, such actions are causing treacherous conditions for many of the people living in the area, particularly the elderly.
Pete said: “People are slipping all over the place. I’ve heard some shouts as people lose their footing but, thankfully, nobody has gone over yet.
“I just want to warn people to be careful.”
Pete hopes the ice will melt soon enough but with temperatures set to remain below freezing the last thing anyone needs is people purposely making the conditions more dangerous.
He said: “I think they were making slides but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone that stupid before.”
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west