Grantham Journal letter: Invite to the battlefields of Europe
The Midlands-based War Research Society has for many years been taking veterans, families and interested parties to the battlefields of Europe and elsewhere.
Formed many years ago by serving Police, Military and civilian friends, it is now preparing for tours in 2013, and has just published its latest brochure of tours.
In the build-up to the 100th anniversary of the Great War, we thought that your readers may be interested in seeing what we do.
We are in a position to assist in the research of family members who served in the various wars from Napoleonic times, through the Crimean, South African, First and Second World Wars, and can take relatives and interested parties to see where their ancestors fought and perhaps fell.
We will assist in the tracing of War Graves, and for those unable to visit, we can arrange photographs.
If any of your readers would care to get in touch, either by mail to The War Research Society, 27 Courtway Avenue, Maypole, Birmingham B14 4PP; or email: firstname.lastname@example.org then we would be glad to offer assistance.
Ian C. Alexander
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west