Grantham Journal letter: Medical staff are not at fault
As a regular outpatient at Grantham Hospital, I wish our so-called representative at Westminster, Nick Boles MP, would tell his bosses to stop knocking doctors and nurses.
All we hear is criticism, veiled and unveiled, of dedicated people beset by unwarranted cuts, by a Government whose policies are the true cause of most of the problems.
My own experience of doctors and nurses at both the hospital and local surgeries who are in their jobs because they care for and about people in more ways than one, which is more than can be said of greedy, self-interested politicians.
Neither the previous Government nor the whole of the NHS are to blame for one rogue hospital and anyway, who was it who introduced the hospital trusts system in the first place?
And while we are on the subject, what kind of an authority downgrades a hospital in an area already earmarked for massive growth and the building of thousands of new homes?
If I knew when and where his constituent surgeries were held I would love to discuss the matter with Mr Boles, but I don’t think he would want to hear what I would want to tell him.
Welham Street, Grantham
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west