Grantham’s charity Christmas card shop opens next week
Christmas cards will be on sale in Grantham’s The George Centre from Wednesday to December 15, with money going to 25 charities.
Cards for Good Causes will be open 10am to 4pm Tuesday to Friday, and 10am to 2pm on Saturdays, staffed by volunteers.
The ‘pop-up shop’ is one of several across the UK which sells charity cards for local and national causes.
Area organiser Sue Berridge said: “We’re delighted to be back in The George Centre in Grantham. As we’re part of the UK’s largest multi-charity Christmas card organisation, we offer a wide range of designs to choose from and a convenient way to support more than one good cause.
“We’re sure just one visit to our shop will help you with cards, wrapping paper and gift tags this season, helping to cross a few festive jobs off the list in one go.”
Cards for Good Causes Limited (CFGC) pays participating charities (or their trading subsidiaries) at least 75p in every pound from card sales, less the VAT payable on the amount retained by CFGC. The retained amount covers CFGC’s costs of running the temporary charity Christmas card shops.
In addition to these costs, the participants have to pay for the production and distribution of their cards.
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west