Grantham’s Market Place now sports giant planters
GIANT planters housing trees were installed in Grantham’s Market Place this week.
The wooden planters, some with seating, are the final addition to the recently redeveloped Market Place after work began to give it a new look last year.
Councillor Frances Cartwright, South Kesteven District Council portfolio holder for economic development, said: “Right from the early design stage we pictured the Market Place as a real focal point, a place where local people and visitors alike would enjoy spending some time, taking in all that the historic square has to offer.
“We are now putting the finishing touches to the area and feel that the planters and seats will enhance its café culture environment making it a more attractive place to be. I am sure as the whole area matures it will be enjoyed by generations to come.”
The regeneration work, which includes the current redevelopment of Wide Westgate, aims to revitalise the town centre to attract new shoppers, visitors and investors.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west