Grantham’s own ‘World’s Biggest Swim’ set for February 23
Hot on the heels of the RotarySwimarathon at the weekend comes the Grantham-conceived RotaryGlobalSwimarathon.
Last year’s RotaryGlobalSwimarathon set a new world record for the most people swimming in a 24-hour period.
The 2013 event will take place at 202 different locations around the world with clubs holding their own swimming event to raise funds to help Rotary International’s End Polio Campaign.
Paul Wilson, Worldwide Event Co-ordinator said: “Last year we captured the imagination of people worldwide and one of the legacies was to encourage Rotary Clubs to hold their own event in future years.
“February 23 is “Rotary Day” around the world and with the numbers registered it will hopefully live up to it’s name as “The Worlds Biggest Swim”.
Roger Graves, who founded the concept, hopes as many people as possible will come to The Meres and swim 100m where they will be joined by Fran Williamson, Commonwealth, Paralympic and World Record Holder.
Pre-registration is not required and there will be a minimum donation fee of £2.50 towards End Polio
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North