Great Wall of China trek for KGGS Emily
An ex-KGGS pupil is to trek along the Great Wall of China to raise money for the charity Breast Cancer Campaign.
Emily Quinton Smith, 20, is studying at the University of York and has already begun raising funds for the trip which she plans to make in September of next year.
Emily said: “I have trekked in India so I have an idea of how difficult it will be but this will be my first sponsored trek.
“I’m hoping to raise around £2,500.”
Emily, whose family live in Ingoldsby, will spend a week trekking in China.
She has already begun her training in preparation for next year’s effort.
Emily said: “I’ve been going to my local gym in York and doing a lot of up hill walking and jogging. There’s been a lot of weight training work as well on my legs and back to get me ready for carrying that back pack.
Emily signed up for the trek as a member of her university’s Raising and Giving (RAG) society, the charity wing of the university’s Students’ Union.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west