Hundreds of pupils entertain a packed crowd with ‘Mass Choir’
MORE than 300 pupils from eight different primary schools across Grantham performed in a Primary Mass Choir at the Meres Leisure Centre on Friday.
The event was organised by the performing arts department at Walton Girls’ High School and also featured an RAF band and the Walton Girls’ High School Chamber Choir.
The event has been two years in the planning and more than 700 people came out to support the performance.
The mass choir was led by Conductor, Flight Lieutenant Matthew Little, who has been with the RAF Band for 20 years.
He was more than up to the challenge having performed as a session singer away from the RAF and has had various television appearances including a Royal Variety Performance and The X Factor.
Speaking before the performance, Flt Lt Little said: “It is the start of the Diamond Jubilee weekend and we are going to have lots of fun. It’s going to be a wonderful evening.”
l Report courtesy of Hannah and Rebekah at Walton Girls’ High School Newsroom.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west