Indian dance and comedy lined up for Grantham Business Club gala dinner
BUSINESSMEN and women across the Grantham area will attend a gala dinner in aid of a cancer charity.
Tickets to the event, to be held by Grantham Business Club at Belton Woods Hotel, are still on sale, with proceeds going to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, chairman Bijal Ladva’s chosen charity.
He said: “We wanted to do something a little different to the many black tie events that have occurred this year, and so have opted for a gala dinner. We have called the evening ‘An Indian Summer’ and with the awful weather we have had this year, let’s hope we do have an Indian summer with great weather in September.”
The event will take place from 6.30pm on Saturday, September 8. Tickets are £50 each, or a table of 10 for £450. Entertainment is by Indian dance troupe Dhol Enforcement Agency, who have performed for the Queen, and stand-up comedian Paddy Lennox.
There will also be a charity auction and raffle, with prizes donated by local businesses.
Bijal said: “I’m still staggered by the generosity of so many businesses in these difficult economic times.”
l To buy tickets, call Bijal on 07966 583592 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West