It’s Swimarathon time again in Grantham - are you up to the challenge?
Readers are invited to take up the challenge of Swimarathon to help raise funds for Rotary charities.
Teams of up to six people can take part, swimming in relay for 55 minutes.
Rotarian and event manager Roger Graves said: “It’s your chance to get the year off to a flying start - have fun, stay fit and help the community.
“Swim at your own pace or go for a record.”
Is the 24th Swimarathon, and will take place between February 1-3 at The Meres Leisure Centre, in Trent Road, Grantham.
Money raised in sponsorship and donations will go to local charities and deserving causes in and around Grantham.
Over the previous 23 years the charity event has run, £560,000 has been raised. Organisers hope this year’s event will take the total over the £600,000 mark.
Last year saw almost 1,400 swimmers taking part in 238 teams.
There are still lanes available for this year’s big event. To find out more, or to register a team of up to six to take part, visit www.rotaryswimarathon.org
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west