Joy of Grantham boy, 9, on being reunited with his stolen bike
A young boy is “over the moon” to be reunited with his treasured mountain bike, following an appeal in last week’s Journal.
The father of nine-year-old Alfie Fairbairn made a plea through the newspaper for the thief who took his son’s bike from the shed at Belton Lane Primary School to return it.
Instead, a parent of a boy at another school called the headteacher at Belton Lane to say the bike has been found abandoned.
This week, Alfie, of Sunningdale in Grantham, said he was happy to have his bike back.
He added: “I was devastated when it was stolen. It was one of the best bikes that I’ve ever had.”
His mother, Sabrina, 33, said: “He came running in from school on Friday saying ‘I’ve had the best day ever!’ He had a bit of paper with a phone nuumber of who had the bike.”
Luckily, it was not damaged and just needed a wipe down.
Alfie said: “It’s good to get it back.”
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west