LETTER: Why I can’t wait for arrival of family-owned store
I FOR one can’t wait for a regional, family-owned firm to move into the town brining a few more jobs.
Why do we want designer retailers? As a family we use the charity shops and the discount stores weekly.
Not all of the people in this town are label driven, up to date and have to have the latest iPhone.
We, as a family, can’t afford to be and don’t want to live on credit or in debt again. I was bought up in the mend and make do generation.
My kids have the old DS which I have repaired several times which impresses their friends and clothes from charity shops that keep them warm and safe.
Boyes offers a great selection for everyone whereas a designer shop selling a T-shirt at £40 appeals to the few who can afford or want it just to show off - its just a piece of cloth to keep you warm!
To the e-mailer, If you want ‘designer’ clothes go out of town as you probably can afford the fuel to travel to Stamford or Newark to buy something that would cost a quarter of the price locally and, consequently, abandon the town.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North