The names of 17 people who gave their lives in the service of their country will be honoured at a special service at a Grantham church on Sunday.
The names are included on a war memorial which has been given a new home and is being rededicated more than 90 years after it was first unveiled.
Local dignitaries and members of the Royal British Legion will attend the service, which will follow a weekend of events at ChristChurch in Finkin Street, Grantham.
The war memorial has been renovated and installed on a plaque in its new location after being moved from the former United Reformed Church in Castlegate, Grantham, where it was originally unveiled on May 8, 1921.
On Friday, almost exactly 93 years after that date, the congregation at ChristChurch invited people to mark the rededication of the memorial in its new location with their own act of remembrance for a loved one by placing flowers in the church.
Cards will be available for a photograph or message to accompany the floral tributes.
On Saturday the church will again be open to visitors, and there will be music from the Glebe Singers and refreshments.
The Royal British Legion’s standard will be present when the memorial is rededicated at Sunday’s special songs of praise service, which starts at 6pm.
Free parking will available in the Elm House car park in Elmer Street North for those attending the service.
The church in Castlegate became surplus to requirements when the United Reformed and Methodist churches amalgamated.
It is still a place of Christian worship, having been bought by New Life, based in Lincoln.