Men jailed for stealing from ATMs in Bingham and Long Bennington
Four men were jailed for a total of 21 years this week after a series of cash machine thefts.
They were jailed for conspiracy to burgle around £350,000 and causing damage between November 2011 and February.
The gang admitted the crimes including thefts from the National Westminster Bank in Bingham and an attempted theft in Long Bennington, where they were disturbed by the police.
DCI Alan Mason said: “This sentencing sends out a powerful message to organised crime groups across the region and country. If you indulge in criminality in the East Midlands you will be swiftly arrested, investigated and put before the courts.”
Gary Michael Self, 47, formerly of Grantham, now of Coneygrey Spinney, Flintham, was jailed for six-and-a-half years.
Reuben Thomas Reynolds, 30, formerly of Grantham, now of College Close, Newark, was jailed for six-and-a-half years.
John Ronald Charles, 38, of Welbeck Road, Retford, was jailed for five years
Nathan Robert Steele, 31, of Carlton Road, Newark, was jailed for four-and-a-half years.
Self, Reynolds, and Steele were jailed in 2009 for a total of 12 years two months for stealing from ATMs.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west