National award for Grantham Rotarians
Accolades continue to be heaped on Grantham’s Rotarians with the news this week that the Rotary Global Swimarathon has been given a national award.
The event took the prize of Best Use of Facebook at the inaugural Blackbaud Digital Fundraising Awards in London on Tuesday night.
Paul Wilson of the Rotary Club of Grantham led the Facebook campaign.
He said: “It just goes to prove the power of Social Networking in getting a message to people and receiving support from all over the world.”
The Grantham-based event saw off competition from the Macmillan Coffee Morning campaign to win the award.
Chair of the Global Swimarathon Roger Graves said: “It’s fantastic to receive the award, particularly against strong competition and it just shows the strength of Rotary around the world.”
It has been a fantastic year for the event with recognition via a Guinness World Record, Rotary UK Public Relations Award, UK Digital Fundraising Award, as well as raising £65,000 towards the fight to End Polio.
Rotary Clubs around the world are signing up for the World’s Biggest Swim on February 23 2013.
Log on to www.rotaryglobalswimarathon.org for more.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North