No escaping Grantham’s potholes for taxi driver Keith
Taxi driver Keith Hayward has to watch out for Grantham’s potholes every working day.
But even when he finishes his shift and returns to his home in Castlegate, he still can’t escape them!
Keith explained: “I’m a taxi driver in Grantham so I have plenty of experience with potholes.
“There’s one outside my house and it’s that big that when it’s filled up with water and any trucks go past I’ve got to go out and clean my windows and front door because the water splashes onto my house. I lie in bed and can hear the vehicles thumping over the potholes because basically they can’t avoid it.
“I first reported it to highways on January 8 but it’s got worse every day since.”
SEEN ANY HORRENDOUS POTHOLES? E-MAIL: COMMENT@GRANTHAMJOURNAL.CO.UK
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- District Council flag at half-mast marking death of Margaret Thatcher
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North