OLYMPIC TORCH: The top ten places to see the torch in Grantham
One - Junction of Longcliffe Road and Manthorpe Road. Get to the start early to see all the preparations and soak up the atmosphere.
Two - The Belton Lane junction with Manthorpe Road. Likely to be a popular spot and there is plenty of room for everybody.
Three - Junction of Brook Street and Castlegate. See the procession as it enters into the old part of Grantham town centre.
Four -Along Castlegate. Probably the closest spectators will be able to get to the torch.
Five - Junction of Avenue Road and Castlegate. Look back and see the spire of St Wulfrum’s towering over proceedings.
Six - Junction of Avenue Road and High Street. A short stretch of road which will attract lots of people as the atmosphere builds.
Seven - Along High Street. The place which will attract most specators. If it is hot, the shade will be on the same side as the Journal office.
Eight - Around the Angel and Royal Hotel. The road narrows here...a building which has witnessed so much has never seen this before.
Nine - Asda roundabout and Barrowby Road. The roundabout area is likely to be crowded, the rest of Barrowby Road running out of the town centre much less so.
Ten - Roundabout at Barrowby Gate. You will see the torch for a long time as it approaches here and be able to watch the finish and what happens next.
* FOLLOW THE TORCH UPDATES AS IT PASSES THROUGH THE TOWN VIA TWITTER AT #granthamtorch
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West