Pensioner in hospital after being hit by a car in Grantham
A pensioner has suffered serious injuries after being hit by a car in Grantham.
The 69-year-old man was taken to Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham suffering from internal bleeding and a serious head injury.
Lincolnshire Police is appealing for witnesses to the collision between the pedestrian and the red Vauxhall Zafira at the Sandcliffe and Longcliffe Road roundabout on the Manthorpe estate. It happened at around 7.15pm yesterday (Friday).
The man’s condition is described as stable but not critical.
The driver was unhurt.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact the collision witness hotline on 01522 558855.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North