PHOTO: Mind that dog in Grantham High Street
People walking along the High Street today could be forgiven for going a double take outside Boots in Grantham.
That’s where Romanian street artist Mario Drutca has set himself up, creating this impressive sand sculpture of a dog.
Mr Drutca, who now lives in Grantham, said: “I usually like to do small things like dogs, cats, ponies and mini castles. Today I have done a dog because I know many people like dogs.”
As the Journal spoke to Mr Drutca there were numerous admiring comments but the artist said he had received a mixed response.
He said: “Some people like it, some people don’t. It’s like anything.
“Some like this stuff, other people say it is cr*p or whatever.
“It’s just a hobby for me. I do origami as well.”
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West