Plan to demolish pub and build a hotel complex on the A1 near Grantham
A RUN-down pub by the side of the A1 near Grantham could be demolished to make way for a hotel complex.
A planning application has been submitted to South Kesteven District Council to knock down the Fox Inn at Colsterworth and replace it with a hotel, restaurant and fast food/retail outlet.
The applicant states: “Due to the large area of the site we feel that with a lone public house on it we are not making the full use of the site.
“It is our intention to remove the public house due to the close vicinity of the building to the A1. Our outline designs for the varied uses comes from careful evaluation of what is required for modern buildings for today’s market, unfortunately the public house located on the site is insufficient for a company to take this over and run it as a successful business.”
The application, which can be viewed online, details plans to build a three-storey hotel on the two-acre site with accommodation for 60 guests and meeting and conference facilities.
The restaurant would measure two storeys in height, while the fast food/retail outlet would be single storey.
l Visit www.southkesteven.gov.uk to view the planning pplication in full.
l What do you think to the proposal? Is a hotel complex needed in that area? Would you be glad to see the back of the Fox Inn? E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west