Plea for information on the whereabouts of Cheyenne, a horse missing from Hougham
A HORSE has gone missing from a field in Hougham, prompting her owner to issue an emotional plea for information on her whereabouts.
Maria Dixon, from Caythorpe, has been looking for Cheyenne, a four-year-old gypsy cob, since she went missing on Bank Holiday Monday.
Cheyenne was safe and secure in her field on Sunday evening, but when Maria arrived on Monday morning, the electric fence was down and she was missing.
Maria said: “I’m worried in case she’s still out roaming.
“She’s a young horse and she hasn’t been handled much, so she would be hard to catch. I don’t think someone would have taken her.”
Maria’s other horse, Cherokee, remained safe and sound in the field.
Cheyenne is red and white in colour, with a large white blaze down her face.
Maria is appealing to anyone who has any information about Cheyenne to get in touch.
She said: “It’s quite upsetting. She could have travelled a good few miles by now. It’s the busy roads I’m concerned about.”
Maria has reported the incident to Lincolnshire Police and the RSPCA, but no reports or sightings have been made.
If you can help, call Maria on 07735 351551.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West