Rape threat made against girl aged 11 in Grantham’s Earlesfield estate
Police officers are appealing for witnesses after reports an 11-year-old girl was threatened with rape as she walked to the shops.
The young girl was in Hornsby Road at 4.40pm on Tuesday of last week when she was approached by two teenagers.
The girl’s father told the Journal: “She was just walking to the shop when two lads came up behind her and said something. She didn’t hear because she was listening to music on her headphones, as children do. She turned round and they said ‘what phone have you got?’
“She didn’t want to tell them so walked away. The next thing they say is ‘watch your back, we are going to rape you’.”
The girl kept walking and told staff at Costcutter who contacted the police. Fortunately a relative was also in the shop who contacted her father.
He said: “The people in the shop were absolutely brilliant and the police officer, David Keightley, was absolutely brilliant too. When we left the shop she was holding my hand. We saw an elderly couple coming towards us and I felt her grip my hand tighter.
“We are trying to keep as patient as we can but the longer it goes on the worse it gets.”
l Anyone with information is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west