Recovering heroin addict stole food from Grantham store
A RECOVERING heroin addict with more than 100 previous convictions admitted trying to steal £62.38 worth of food from Morrisons in the Isaac Newton Centre.
Robert Cook, of Avenue Road in Grantham, also admitted a charge of going equipped for theft after taking with him a plastic shopping bag lined with tin foil.
Marie Stace, prosecuting, said: “In interview he fully admitted going into the store with a bag lined with foil.
“He thought it would stop the alarm going off.”
Rory Macmillan, defending, said Cook has been on heroin “on and off” for 22 years, adding that the drug use has been a major factor in his long list of previous convictions.
Cook also admitted breaching a curfew order. The court heard Cook’s door had been kicked in by the police and, as a result, he had to leave the house to be able to access some parts of the building.
Despite this, Cook admitted a technical breach.
Cook was fined £75 for the theft charge, £110 for going equipped and his curfew was extended by 30 days for the breach.
Cook was also ordered to pay costs of £70.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west