Seeing red over South Kesteven District Council’s green bin service
I am now paying £25 a year to have my green bins half emptied.
When I rang to complain, I was told that the green bin men aren’t allowed to use a spade to free the garden rubbish stuck in a bin - I presume health and safety or being unqualified to jab a spade or a “pointed stick” or similar.
I was asked if the grass cuttings had been in there for 2 weeks - I told her yes because the bin is only collected every 2 weeks! They will be in there for 4 weeks next time!
I was asked if they were wet. This summer? Was she having a laugh?
I was told that I had to get a spade or similar to loosen it all, which my wife did as I am in a wheelchair and guess what? - it all came loose at the first jab!
Fit for service? Not a lot!
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North