Four appliances from Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue have attended a blaze involving 24 tonnes of rubber carpet bales at Wilsford.
Firefighters from Grantham, Sleaford and Billingborough and a water carrier from Holbeach arrived at the scene off Heath Lane, Wilsford at 2.55am this morning.
Approximately 24 tonnes of rubber carpet bales were damaged in the fire as well as cables within a steel container of an unused lorry.
The flames was extinguished using two hose reel jets, one main jet and the water carrier.
The cause has been identified as spontaneous combustion, resulting from the build up of heat within the carpet bales.