Staff celebrate year of hospice day therapy
STAFF at Grantham Hospice are celebrating the first anniversary of the day therapy unit, in Barrowby Road, Grantham.
Day therapy, which was introduced after the hospice was extended and refurbished last year, provides a range of services to patients including fatigue management, exercise classes, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and complementary therapy.
Team leader Rachel Jones said: “The day therapy service commenced in September 2011 and has grown beyond all recognition. During this time, we have supported 248 patients and had 2,001 appointments; designing an individual programme of therapies for each patient.”
The patients using the service are over 18 years old and have a life-limiting condition or an uncertain diagnosis.
They can be referred to the service by any healthcare professional or can refer themselves.
Rachel added: “Just as importantly we are also here to provide support for carers.”
One of the founders of GIFTS Hospice and former trustee of St Barnabas Lincolnshire Hospice Noel Baumber said: “I’m very proud of Grantham Hospice. This is an absolutely first class centre for end of life care in South Lincolnshire. It is the base for the Hospice at Home team too. It has never been busier and I hope everyone will continue to support our efforts, call in at the Welby Street Hospice shop or come to a coffee morning on Barrowby Road and see what a purposeful and delightful place the charity has created.”
l To find out more, call the hospice on 01476 591010.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west