Teenager used step-mum’s money to buy cannabis, Grantham magistrates heard
A TEENAGER who borrowed money from his step mother and used it to buy drugs was given a 12 month conditional discharge by Grantham magistrates on Monday.
Jake Devere, aged 18, was in his friend’s car when police stopped them for speeding in Ancaster on June 24.
The car was searched and a quarter ounce of cannabis was found in Devere’s bag in the boot.
The Lincoln College student, of Westcliffe Road, Ruskington, admitted buying the drugs with his friends.
Rory Macmillan, defending, said: “He and a few friends had chipped in to buy it. He tells me that now he is on the college course he has stopped using altogether.
“Any financial penalty would have to be met by his step mother.”
Devere, who was ordered to pay £85 costs, added: “My step mum gave me money to go away for the weekend.”
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west