Tribute band desperately seeking female singer before foreign tour
A tribute band which performs songs by The Beautiful South and The Housemartins quickly needs a female singer.
The Beautiful Sound recently lost its female vocalist and needs a replacement quickly to play some big gigs in Britain and also go on a two-week tour of Norway in the summer, with other foreign gigs also possible. All fares and hotels will be paid for.
The band, which is quickly gaining a reputation as an excellent tribute ensemble, has had to cancel some gigs. They expect to play big venues this year in front of thousands of people.
Julia Turner, who helps run the band, said: “This will be a good opportunity for a young singer who is looking to establish herself, but of course they must be able to sing and it would help if they had transport...and a passport!
“We want to be the best tribute band in the country. We are getting there but we need a decent girl singer. They must be committed. We have a good crew. They are lovely people.”
The band is holding auditions on Sunday at 5pm at 17 Elliot Close, off Edinburgh Road, Grantham. For more details call 01636 525097 or 07876 425636.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Train crash exercise under way in Claypole
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North