Twenty-six bags of cannabis were for Grantham man’s personal use
Police officers found 26 bags of cannabis at the home of a Polish man living in Grantham.
Daniel Jozefowski, 24, of Gladstone Terrace in Grantham, was found with 21.72g of cannabis in his home, separated into 26 individual bags.
Jozefowski told police officers he had bought the drugs in bulk for his own consumption from a man in Nottingham for £120 - although police estimate the value at between £260 and £270.
The court heard how Jozefowski divided the cannabis up into separate bags “so he knew how much he would be smoking on each occasion”, Jim Clare, prosecuting, said.
Andrew Coley, defending, told the court Jozefowski had a cannabis habit at the time of the offence.
Mr Coley added: “The police have accepted his account that he has bought in bulk for his own use.”
Jozefowski admitted possession of cannabis. He was fined £70 and ordered to pay costs of £85 and a £15 surcharge.
Mr Coley added: “He tells me as a result of this, and in part down to the seizure, he has cut down on smoking cannabis.”
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: South west