UPDATE: Large fire at Mid UK Recycling near Grantham
A fire which began at a recycling plant near Grantham overnight continues to burn this morning.
Road closures are in place to keep traffic away from Mid UK Recycling on Barkston Heath, near Ancaster.
The A153 Willoughby Road in Ancaster is closed in both directions at the High Dike junction. Ermine Street is also affected by road closures. Diversions are in place.
More to follow.
UPDATE: The A153 is closed between Honington and Sleaford.
The High Dyke is closed between the Old Somerby roundabout and the junction with the A17.
Drivers are being urged to use their local knowledge to find alternative routes.
The reason for the wide closure is that there are various fire engines in the road and cars would not be able to get by.
* Have you passed the fire today? Did you take any photos? E-mail them to us by clicking on the link above.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 24 mph
Wind direction: North west