UPDATE: Woman, 32, dies following serious accident on the A1 near Grantham
A 32-year-old woman died following a crash involving multiple cars on the A1 at Little Ponton on Friday evening.
The accident happened at around 6.10pm on the A1 southbound at the junction with the A607 and is being investigated by police.
A woman from Peterborough died in the accident when the silver Nissan Micra she was driving left the road and crashed. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
No one else was in the vehicle and there were no other casualties.
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Lincolnshire Police on 101 quoting incident 304 of January 18.
The A1 has now completely re-opened in the Grantham area.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: West