UPDATED: Collision on the A17 at Leadenham leaves one person trapped
ONE person was airlifted to hospital following a road traffic collision between a car and HGV lorry on the A17 at Leadenham today (Wednesday).
Fire crews from Sleaford, Newark and Grantham were called to the scene just before 10am, where they used cutting equipment to free a casualty from the Vauxhall Astra.
The casualty was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. Injuries sustained are not thought to be life-threatening, according to a police spokesman.
The A17 was closed for a time and reopened at around 1.30pm.
12.31pm: EMERGENCY services are currently in attendance on the A17 after reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a heavy goods vehicle.
Fire crews from Sleaford, Newark and Grantham were called to the main road at Leadenham at 9.55am this morning (Wednesday) and are currently using hydraulic equipment to free one person from the car.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal columnist: Jacob Stuart
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 20 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North