UPDATED: Collision on the A17 at Leadenham leaves one person trapped
ONE person was airlifted to hospital following a road traffic collision between a car and HGV lorry on the A17 at Leadenham today (Wednesday).
Fire crews from Sleaford, Newark and Grantham were called to the scene just before 10am, where they used cutting equipment to free a casualty from the Vauxhall Astra.
The casualty was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham. Injuries sustained are not thought to be life-threatening, according to a police spokesman.
The A17 was closed for a time and reopened at around 1.30pm.
12.31pm: EMERGENCY services are currently in attendance on the A17 after reports of a road traffic collision involving a car and a heavy goods vehicle.
Fire crews from Sleaford, Newark and Grantham were called to the main road at Leadenham at 9.55am this morning (Wednesday) and are currently using hydraulic equipment to free one person from the car.
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: West