UPDATED: Teenager dies after crash in Horbling
The teenager, who died on Monday after an accident in Horbling, has been named by police.
Scott William Blair, 16, was riding a 200cc off-road motorbike in Sandygate Lane at around 4.15pm when it was in collision with a red Fiat.
He left the scene and returned home to Stow Lane, Horbling, but later became ill and was taken to Boston’s Pilgrim Hospital, where he died a short time later.
The family released this statement: “Our little Scotty taken away so soon, our baby that held us all together. He is with his mummy now who he missed so much. Love you Bubbs.”
Investigations are ongoing. Police are appealing for witnesses to the accident to come forward and help them with their enquiries.
Call Lincolnshire Police with information on 101 quoting incident 369 of July 23, or call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Good news follows bad for Grantham councillor Ray Wootten
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 30 mph
Wind direction: North