Weekend on Army base for Grantham cadets
CADETS and staff from 47F (Grantham) Squadron Air Training Corps spent a weekend at St Georges Barracks at MoD North Luffenham.
The group of 25 stayed on the Army base and were able to use the training area on its disused airfield, as well as taking advantage of nearby Rutland Water.
Saturday was spent setting up the site. After lunch the cadets took to the high ropes and climbing wall at Rutland Water. They then spent time preparing, learning and practicing their skills needed for a night exercise starting just before dark and finishing late in the early hours of Sunday morning.
On Sunday, breakfast was followed by sports and after lunch the tents were packed and the group arrived back at the squadron headquarters before heading home in time for tea.
- Ex-police cadet from Grantham who filmed himself raping a child is jailed for 16 years
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- Grantham school bids to take an extra 100 pupils
- UPDATE: Seven-year prison term for Grantham man who slashed victim’s face with a knife
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 7 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 15 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 3 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west