The search is on for outstanding athletes and the unsung heroes of our sporting community with nominations for the Lincolnshire Sports Awards now open.
The awards, organised by Lincolnshire Sport, seek to highlight the success stories of Lincolnshire’s athletes, coaches and volunteers over the last 12 months.
There are 16 categories open for public nomination. These include:
· Sportsman of the Year
· Sportswoman of the Year
· Young Sportsman of the Year
· Young Sportswoman of the Year
· Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
· Young Disabled Sportsperson of the Year
· Coach of the Year
· Sports Educator of the year
· Sports Volunteer of the Year
· Sports Club of the Year
· Young Sports Volunteer of the Year
· Contribution to Physical Activity Award
· Veteran Sportsperson of the Year
· Active 4 Health Award
· Lifetime Achievement Award
· Active Workplace of the Year
Marc Rhodes, Events Officer at Lincolnshire Sport, said: “The Lincolnshire Sports Awards sponsored by Lincolnshire Media are special because we are not only able to recognise the elite athletes who are flying the flag for Lincolnshire, but also those supporting sport and physical activity behind the scenes and at grassroots level.”
“This year has been a great year for sport in Lincolnshire with our athletes representing England and Great Britain at international events as well as the county hosting the National Road Race Championships this summer. We hope people have been inspired by these stories and will nominate their sporting heroes for the awards.”
Those shortlisted for awards by a selected panel of judges will be invited to the awards ceremony on Thursday, November 5 at the Lincolnshire Showground.
To nominate your local sporting hero visit: www.lincolnshiresport.com/sportsawards