Rural business aid could be ‘massively beneficial to Grantham’s economy’

News
News
0
Have your say

Rural businesses around Grantham are in line for a share of £1.7-£1.9 million, part of a pot of more than £8 million in new development grant funding destined for Lincolnshire.

South Kesteven District Council and Lincolnshire County Council were part of a partnership which bid for the cash through the LEADER programme, which delivers rural development funding from the EU and Defra.

Grants will benefit areas from farming to tourism, culture, heritage, rural services and small businesses.

SKDC’s economic development manager David Mather said: “Looking at successful LEADER programmes from elsewhere in Lincolnshire the range of projects it has helped is enormous, diverse and massively beneficial to our local economy.”

Under the new programme, 70 per cent of projects must directly support jobs and growth. The remaining 30 per cent will also need to demonstrate their contribution to improving the rural economy. Full details will be announced early next year.