Reader captures blaze after short circuit causes van fire

Van on fire in Wentworth Drive in Grantham.
Van on fire in Wentworth Drive in Grantham.
1
Have your say

A VAN burst into flames in a Grantham residential street on Tuesday.

Neighbour Adam Todd spotted the blaze in Wentworth Drive and took the above picture.

He said: “I noticed all the smoke from my living room window. I went outside to see what it was and saw this.”

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue were called and one Grantham crew arrived on the scene at around 11am. They extinguished the flames surrounding the Vauxhall Vivaro and were away within the hour. The cause was a short circuit in the battery.

Nobody was injured in the blaze.