Plans for the development of Grantham’s Southern Quadrant are continuing through the consultation phase despite criticism from a Government planning inspector.
The development plans, which focus on the area between the A52 and B1174 to the south of the town, were described by the inspector as “inadequate” with elements “either vague or entirely missing”.
But this has not fazed South Kesteven District Council. Planning office Andy Moger said: “That doesn’t necessarily impact on the delivery of the Southern Quadrant. We will continue with the planning, I wouldn’t see there being a major issue with this going forward.”
According to Mr Moger the feedback from people viewing the consultation planning document during an event on Friday was “generally fairly well received” with people noting the option they chose at the last consultation had been taken forward.
He said: “I’m looking forward to seeing what people have to say about the latest plans.”
The results of the consultation will be analysed and changes will be made to the documents before the final plan is put before the council cabinet early next year for approval.
Councillor Nick Craft said: “I think the plans are very forward looking. I think the people of Grantham should be 100 per cent behind it because it is going to improve the services in the town. We need to look to the future, we should’ve done it a long time ago.”
People are asked to submit their comments on the Southern Quadrant plans by 4.30pm on December 7. For more information go to www.southkesteven.gov.uk/southernquadrant
l What do you think of the plans? E-mail email@example.com