This trip to Lapland promises to be a magical day for all of the poorly children who gain a place on the flight.
Earlier this year, the Journal set a target to raise £10,000 to reserve 10 places on a flight leaving East Midlands Airport on December 11, for children and young people in the Grantham area suffering from a terminal or life-limiting illness.
And thanks to the incredible work of local businesses, groups and individuals, the target was reached in a matter of weeks, securing all 10 places.
Now is the time to let us know of any poorly youngsters who deserve a place on the very special trip, made possible thanks to a partnership between the Journal Children’s Fund and national charity When You Wish Upon A Star.
We are inviting applications/nominations for the places, which will see 10 children and a parent/guardian enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime trip to the winter wonderland to meet Father Christmas, embark on a sleigh ride, meet Rudolph in the Magical Forest, hop on a snowmobile and play in the snow.
This is an opportunity to give children living with a life-threatening illness a day away from their troubles, a chance to forget their conditions and enjoy a very special day.
** HOW TO ENTER
Send an application letter to: Christmas Cracker Appeal, Grantham Journal, 46 High Street, Grantham, NG31 6NE by the closing date of September 30, 2013. The first 10 applicants to fit the criteria will be successful in gaining a place on the trip to Lapland on December 11. Successful applicants will be notified by the Grantham Journal. Following this, When You Wish Upon A Star will forward all necessary forms to successful applicants.
The following information must be included:
* Full name or parent/guardian
* Full address
* Contact details – home and mobile
* E-mail address
* Child’s name
* Age of child
* Illness of child
* Consultant’s full contact details
* Hospital attended
** TERMS AND CONDITIONS
* Applicants must be available to travel Wednesday, December 11, 2013 (hotel accommodation is available near East Midlands Airport the evening before, where the plane will depart).
* Applicants must be aged between four and 16 and living with a life-threatening illness.
* Applicants must be able to travel with one parent/guardian.
* Applicants must never have gone on any previous Lapland trip with When You Wish Upon A Star.
* A media disclaimer must be signed for press releases and media coverage.
* It is a strictly no smoking trip.
* The charity reserves the right to cancel the trip.
* Wheelchair accessibility – must be ambulant.
* Child/parent / guardian must have a valid passport.
* Closing date for applications September 30, 2013.