Toilet roll fire causes severe damage to log saw machinery

0
Have your say

A TOILET roll was behind a fire which destroyed a piece of machinery at a business park on Fulbeck Heath.

Two fire crews were called out to premises in the Hurlingham Business Park at about 7am on Wednesday morning.

Engineers had already doused the flames by the time firefighters arrived using various extinguishers.

There was severe fire damage to a log saw and its contents, and light smoke damage to the remainder of the building.

Firefighters removed a three-metre length of toilet roll from the building into the open air.

The cause was found to be a spark from a blade sharpener within the piece of equipment igniting the toilet roll.