Update: Fire breaks out in Grantham Hospital’s boiler house

Smoke could be seen coming from Grantham Hospital earlier today. Photo sent in by Gail Barker.
Smoke could be seen coming from Grantham Hospital earlier today. Photo sent in by Gail Barker.
0
Have your say

The cause of a blaze at Grantham Hospital yesterday (Sunday) was an electrical fault.

Fire crews from Grantham, Brant Broughton, Corby Glen, Sleaford, Billingborough, Stamford, Lincoln South and Market Rasen attended the fire, which broke out in the hospital’s boiler house at around 7pm.

Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue has reported damage by fire, heat and smoke to a first floor workshop, fire damage to pipes and lagging on the ground, first, second, third and fourth floors, and light fire damage to contents on the second floor.

The electrical fault is believed to have occurred on the first floor.

By 9pm, the operation had been scaled right down, with just one fire crew remaining on the scene.