On Friday, coffee mornings will be held across the country as part of Macmillan Cancer Support’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning fund-raiser.
It is the charity’s biggest fund-raising event. Last year, 154,000 people signed up, raising a record £20 million.
Here’s a list of coffee mornings taking place in the Grantham area on Friday.
* The Priory Ruskin Academy, Manthorpe Road, Grantham, 9am.
* Ford End, Gonerby Road, Grantham, 10am.
* The Gregory, The Drift, Harlaxton, 10.30am.
* The Reading Room, Church Street, Barrowby, 9.30am.
* Long Bennington Village Hall, Main Road, Long Bennington, 9am
* Bottesford Cricket Club, Belvoir Road, Bottesford, 11am.
* Barrowby Reading Room, 9am-1pm
* Children’s 1st @ Breedon House, Trent Road, Grantham, 9.30-11
* Schoolroom Cafe, Station Road East, 9am-noon. Coffee and home-made cake, raffle and mini competitions.
* 6 Scotney Drive, 12.30pm, coffee, tea and cakes, games and a raffle (£2 a strip, prizes donated by arah Tatchell, Welby Street Carpets, Indulge Hair and Beauty, Emily’s Nails, Jazz Hands, Locks of Love, Street Cars, House of Colour, Liberty Rose, Aurora, Oceans Gym and Fitness, Fun Farm, Rumours, The Farrier, Eternamedia Ltd, Beauty by Becky and Sweet Gifts Grantham.) Event is also in support of Shelley Davie, 28, who is battling breast cancer. Buy raffles tickets via www.facebook.com/yazmin.lorne or www.facebook.com/sarah.chappell.142