Six athletes from Grantham Running Club and Grantham Athletic Club took part in the Deeping Rotary 10km last Saturday.
Twelve men and four women represented Grantham Athletic Club in the first North of England League match of the season at Doncaster, and finished in fifth place overall.
Grantham Athletic Club teenager Josh Brown will represent England at the World Schools Championships in the Czech Republic next month.
Another poor turnout saw Grantham Athletic Club finish only joint seventh in the National Youth Development League match for under-13s and under-15s at Sutton in Ashfield last Saturday.
Eight members of Belvoir Tri Club took part in the annual Grantham Sprint Distance Triathlon, based at The Meres, on Sunday.
A Grantham Running Club duo (pictured) gave a good account of themselves in the Sleaford and District Lions 10km at RAF Cranwell.
There was a disappointingly low turnout from Grantham Athletic Club for the first match in the National Youth Development League at Rockingham Stadium, Corby, last Sunday – but what they lacked in quantity they made up for in quality.
Grantham Running Club’s Lucy Roberts recorded her fastest ever half-marathon in the North Lincolnshire event at Scunthorpe.
The hard winter of training paid off for many of the Grantham athletes who took part in last Sunday’s London Marathon.
Belvoir Triathlon Club’s James Britten competed in his first event last weekend.
Grantham Running Club hosted the Grantham Cup 10km Trail Race in association with Belton International Horse Trials last Sunday.
- Grantham Journal Picture of the Week
- Ambulance service fined £3.5 million after missing targets
- Mother’s plea for the return of items stolen from Grantham home
- Grantham Journal Letter: ‘Poor political performance triggers cynicism’
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lincolnshire Police and Crime Commissioner Alan Hardwick says he has no intention of resigning and has a good relationship with Neil Rhodes
- Grantham Museum to offer book of condolence for Margaret Thatcher
- Baroness Thatcher dies at 87
- Grantham Journal remembers Baroness Thatcher’s last town visit
- First concert of Harlaxton Manor classical music season is out of this world
- Councillor calls for Grantham to make the most of Margaret Thatcher links
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Grantham
Friday 24 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 29 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North